Expatriate Tax Services

expatriat tax servicesDelerme CPA is a highly experienced international tax CPA firm that specializes in meeting the tax needs of U.S. expatriates who are living and working abroad. We understand the unique tax planning, tax compliance and estate planning challenges faced by U.S. citizens that live and work in a foreign country. Whether you're located across the border or overseas, we can help you avoid tax problems and minimize your tax burden. Our firm works with individuals on long-term work assignments and with those who have permanently relocated to a foreign country.

Regardless of where they live and earn their income, expatriates are subject to U.S. tax on their worldwide income. This means that as a U.S. citizen, you're required to file a U.S. tax return even if you're working and living abroad. We'll prepare your tax returns to ensure you're taking advantage of all the deductions and tax breaks you're entitled to including foreign tax credits, foreign earned income and housing exclusions. We also make sure that individuals who are required to pay tax in both countries avoid double taxation and only pay what the law requires.

Our tax services for United States Citizens include:

  • Tax return preparation – federal and state
  • Cross border tax planning
  • U.S. taxes for expatriates
  • Foreign Bank Reporting Requirements (FBAR) compliance
  • Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) Form 8938
  • Foreign earned income exclusion
  • Filing back taxes
  • Non-resident tax returns
  • Housing exclusion
  • Foreign tax credits
  • Retirement planning for expatriates
  • Estate planning for expatriates
  • Tax audit representation
  • Cross border ownership strategies
  • Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP)
  • Social security tax planning
  • Tax treaty utilization
  • Hypothetical tax/net pay calculations

Our Atlanta cross border CPA firm has experience helping U.S. expatriates with tax planning and tax compliance.   Give us a call today at 404-445-8095 to discuss your cross border tax needs.